Tuesday, December 23, 2008

2 days - Moggarthur Cup

Photobucket
Way back in 2000 when Katie and myself got married I set up a golf competition between my new Father-in-law and his family and friends and all of my family and friends. It's run like the Ryder Cup with five teams of pairs playing matchplay with the most points for the team winning the trophy.

For the last five years I've had to suffer losing this tournament and deal with the jibes of Father-in-law and Brother-in-law amongst others. But not this year, my team actually won it! The only problem is that I wasn't actually playing as I was injured, so now I have to deal with the constant reminder of being told I'd better drop myself from next years team etc. Anyway, I've consoled myself with winning as non playing captain and am looking forward to the tenth running of this event which we are hoping is going to be a two round overnight stay on a great hotel course. Could be messy but as always it's sure to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment