Thursday, June 25, 2009

Poetry

In the spirit of blogging about more than just my work I was going through my bookshelf last night and found a series of books I had made when just a wee bit younger (well quite a bit if I'm honest). Yes, I have to confess I wrote poetry as I grew up and to an extent still do, I've always loved writing which is why I like this blog so much and why I'm enjoying writing articles for Perfect Wedding now too. As I flicked through the poetry books I wrote, I found a couple of titles that I thought I would share with you, specifically as they are about weddings (maybe I was always destined to work in the wedding industry). I wrote this first one before my sisters wedding nearly twelve years ago.

When is the Wedding


When the sun rises on that morning
And the birdsong awakens the natural dawning
When your heart fills with more than just life
And your love makes you man and wife
When the people you've shared your life with
Come to you and blessings give
When you declare in a moment in time
That you are each others for all time
When you exchange rings and look in the eye
The reason for life, the reason why
When your heart is theirs and theirs is yours
And together you open the future's doors
When nothing can ever tear you apart
With love always healing the broken heart
When the dusk sets on this day
With you together always to stay
When the day is gone
But the memory and love lives on
When you've come together
And remain that way forever.


If I don't get too slated for posting some romantic verse I'll follow up with the other wedding one and who knows maybe some more too.

No comments:

Post a Comment