Monday, May 04, 2009

Fresh M.I.L.K

Photobucket
Launched in August 2008, Fresh M.I.L.K was a US $125,000 online competition that challenged photographers to capture spontaneous and emotive moments shared between friends, families and lovers around the world. After receiving nearly 35,000 entries from photographers in 112 countries, a judging panel has selected 150 general winners, and eminent Magnum photographer and Chief Judge Elliott Erwitt has selected the Grand Prize-winner.

The 150 winning images are to be published in a new book entitled Friendship, Family, Love & Laughter in November 2009, and on selected licensed products.

Photobucket
It goes without saying that I am delighted to say that one of my images was selected as a general prize winner and will be published in the book and on various licensed products. To feel that one of my pictures has been selected out of 35,000 entries from all over the world is absolutely amazing and an achievement I am immensely proud of. My winning picture was of my daughter Rheya which is just the icing on the cake.

The winners have now been officially announced and you can see all the pictures on the Fresh M.I.L.K website - FreshMilkPhotos.com.

My picture appears here.

If your a regular reader you'll have seen this picture before and know it is one of my favourites. All the more so now.

Photobucket

The book is to be published in November this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment