Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A lake, a waterfall, five dresses and one couple in Autumn

As Spring has finally arrived it's a great opportunity for me to remind you of Autumn. Yes I know, a bit strange but Mindy and Nicholas contacted me last Autumn to create a shoot for them that made use of the beautiful British autumnal seasonal colours. They are due to be married in a month or so's time but they are getting hitched in Singapore which I'm reliably informed has very little in the way of seasonal changes. Their idea was to bring a little bit of England to their wedding by displaying the pictures throughout their reception. A great idea and a really inspiring brief to get hold of and I'm reviewing it now as their wedding is just weeks away.

This shoot also gave me the opportunity to play about with a few post production textures too.
Photobucket
Yes I found a waterfall in Hampshire
Photobucket
A really beautiful one at that
Photobucket
Here's Mindy showing off one of the five dresses she brought with her!
Photobucket
Nature, sculpture and bridal, interesting mix
Photobucket
I really like the emotive feel of this one with the textural overlay
Photobucket
We found a beautiful mermaid on the shores of the lake
Photobucket
A glamorous couple, a fallen log and some lovely helpful passers by equals one great picture.
Photobucket
Some real Autumn colours and beautiful light
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
You've got to love those shoes
Photobucket
And finally the formal attire. A perfect combination of amazing dress and beautiful bridge creates an oriental feel in leafy Hampshire.
Photobucket
The motely crew get in on the act.
Photobucket
A great big thank you must go to Mindy and Nicholas for braving the cold winds (and they were really cold) to help create some amazing pictures that I hope will have a great impact in Singapore at their wedding. Also a huge thank you to Sally Riceman who looked after Mindy's hair and make up throughout the shoot and made the couple look amazing and laugh all the time. Finally I must not forget Kerry who was my assistant on the day and happily ran around after me helping with lighting and everything else camera wise.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elton,

    I didn't know you put this up!

    You need to give yourself more credit, the photographs you took were very well-received! All of them were gorgeous, I thought you did a good job getting the different gowns to have their own "set" of pictures.

    Yes, doing the shoot was really really cold. But you know what? We talk about that as a fond memory :)

    Sally was great as well. The make-up and hair-styling translated very well onto the photographs.

    Hope you are well.

    Thanks,
    Nicholas & Mindy

    ReplyDelete