Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Countdown

It seems that Christmas is the time for reflection and the ubiquitous countdowns or best of's, greatest hits etc. Call them what you will I'm jumping aboard this Christmas with a selection of my favourite images of 2007. These are not in any particular order just a few memorable shots from the weddings I've shot and a little reason why included too. I'll post a new one each day till Christmas day, not quite an advent calendar but as close as I'll get.

So to start with today with 13 days till Christmas

I'm sure if you visit my website you'll already know this is one of my favourites as it's been on my home page for a while now. Anne is French but had her wedding at Sandbanks in Poole, it was the day after my birthday and was a fantastic sunny day. Just before they sat down for a late dinner I asked the couple to make use of the magic hour light (which was a little earlier than usual as a storm was rolling in off the sea) Anne was more than happy to get some sand in her toes and walked off to the sea to await her groom. I hung back and captured this just before Brian the groom caught up to us, it wasn't planned but I look at it now and think beautiful bride, beautiful beach, beautiful light. It could of been taken in a far more exotic place but what makes it special to me is that it wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment