Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Last and First

Not really a resolution but one of my aims for the coming year is to try and post more often onto this blog and although it will still primarily be a source of my latest wedding and photography work I'm hoping I can find the time to add some other interesting photography related posts too.

Nothing groundbreaking in this my first post of 2008 but to set things rolling I thought it'd be nice to show my last image of 2007 and my first of 2008. I spent New Year's eve at East Wittering with my family and these geese flew overhead at the end of a long stroll down the beachfront. I like it because it's a little abstract as you are not initially sure which way the birds and flying and its a pretty apt end of year leaving type image.

My first picture of 2008 was of an age old custom at East Wittering where if your mad enough, you sign up for the Big Dip. This consists of dressing up in fancy dress and on cue running down the beach and plunging into the icy cold ocean. Obviously this draws a big crowd each year and kind of sums up the English mentality in greeting a New year. Brilliant.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete